SoapZone Community Message Board

The Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore (1-695) has collapsed.

From: Marriage4All Find all posts by Marriage4All View Marriage4All's profile Send private message to Marriage4All
Date: Tue, 26-Mar-2024 5:39:08 AM PDT
Where: SoapZone Community Message Board
CNN article:

[link]

A cargo ship seemed to be losing power as it approached the bridge, and then it just smashed into it, pretty much instantly collapsing a huge portion of the bridge. There were construction crews and believed to be at least 7-10 cars on the bridge at the time of impact :( Two people were apparently pulled out from the water alive (one severely injured) but I don't think anyone else has been recovered yet :( Given the force of the impact itself and the cold water...it's not good.

As someone who has been over that bridge MANY times, I can't even quite wrap my head around this and what it will mean for the area longer term. My heart goes out to anyone who was on the bridge :(

6 replies, 139 views
generated page in 0.017 seconds using 19 database requests (reply links generated fresh)
Message archived, no new replies.
back to topic list