SoapZone Community Message Board

I did a project during COVID...

From: Marriage4All Find all posts by Marriage4All View Marriage4All's profile Send private message to Marriage4All
Date: Thu, 11-Apr-2024 3:45:21 AM PDT
Where: SoapZone Community Message Board
In topic: ~*~*~Monday ECLIPSE, Tuesday & Wednesday Potpourri~*~*~ posted by chloe
...for the By the People campaign - we had two projects that were set aside for staff specifically. Theodore Roosevelt's private papers and George Patton's private papers. I chose to focus on Patton, because my great-grandfather fought alongside him more than once. It was very trippy to see that he did indeed bring up "Sandy Patch" (my great-grandfather was Alexander Patch, a general in WWII) several times. One entry was very...bittersweet. He talked about how he had seen Patch's son Mac, and was trying to convince him to go see his father - that meeting never happened. Mac was killed in combat about a week later.

Also, Patton was a deeply frustrating person, lol, his infamous temper was certainly on full display in his writings. I can't say any of it was boring. But it was neat to find these mentions of "Sandy" here and there.

1 reply, 58 views
generated page in 0.017 seconds using 14 database requests (reply links generated fresh)
Message archived, no new replies.
back to topic list