SoapZone Community Message Board

MIL had a birthday on Sunday 86. We are moving her to a skilled nursing

From: Capricorn Find all posts by Capricorn View Capricorn's profile Send private message to Capricorn
Date: Tue, 09-Apr-2024 7:20:13 AM PDT
Where: SoapZone Community Message Board
facility today. It costs 1/2 of what the rehab place does. She'll have a shared living space & kitchen with a neighbor but her own bedroom and bath.

The one BIL is buying her car for fair market value. It will be enough to pay for her week at the rehab that insurance didn't pay and get her started at the new place.

She is feeling okay about the move, which we were worried about. She still thinks she can go home at some point. But, we've told her and the Dr.'s agree that doing so will only happen if she can care for herself again.

Get out of bed and to bathroom unassisted.
Be able to get herself dressed unassisted.
Be able to get her meals alone, even if it's a sandwich and a glass of milk for lunch.

And other simple things along those lines.

2 replies, 112 views
generated page in 0.021 seconds using 13 database requests (reply links generated fresh)
Message archived, no new replies.
back to topic list