SoapZone Community Message Board

I really felt it here in Brooklyn on the 6th floor of my extremely sturdy

From: Kitchop Find all posts by Kitchop View Kitchop's profile Send private message to Kitchop
Date: Fri, 05-Apr-2024 10:42:26 AM PDT
Where: SoapZone Community Message Board
In topic: ☀️Thursday*-*Friday*-*Weekend Chat Post ☁️ posted by Leia
pre-war apartment building. Everything shook. Until I got the emergency text from NYC that it was an earthquake, I was worried that there was a big explosion nearby. They are currently installing an elevator at the subway stop two blocks away from me. So the first thing I thought of was a huge construction accident. Then I worried that maybe a nearby house exploded from a gas leak. But then I realized that I wasn’t hearing any sirens. And then the emergency text came in informing me that there had been an earthquake in the NYC vicinity and residents were advised to stay inside. A little bit later a follow up text arrived telling us that we might feel some aftershocks but that we could resume usual activities,

There are a whole lot of places that I would not have wanted to be when it happened though. Like in an elevator in a very tall building. Or working on any construction site. Or window washing a skyscraper.

Hope the reports of no injuries or damage stay true.

2 replies, 108 views
generated page in 0.017 seconds using 14 database requests (reply links generated fresh)
Message archived, no new replies.
back to topic list