SoapZone Community Message Board

LOL Mine is older, But my dad's house is probably about the age of yours. My

From: Capricorn Find all posts by Capricorn View Capricorn's profile Send private message to Capricorn
Date: Thu, 04-Apr-2024 2:32:01 PM PDT
Where: SoapZone Community Message Board
In topic: ☀️Thursday*-*Friday*-*Weekend Chat Post ☁️ posted by Leia
daughter managed to get the cops to show up to his house once.

She & I had taken dad to W. VA, where he was born and grew up. The reason for the quick weekend trip was his younger brother was celebrating his 50th wedding anniversary. We stayed with his older sister in the small town where the party was being held. Complete surprise to the brother that dad was there as well as daughter & I.

We drive back to New Castle PA and daughter announces that she needs to use a bathroom. So, we drop her off at his house which has a security system. He told her the code at least twice and she repeated it back correctly. Evidently, she still entered it wrong in her haste to get inside. The alarm went off, which automatically calls 911, thus dispatching the police.

In the meantime, after dropping her off, we went to a gas station as dad was going to fill my tank in thanks for taking him to W. Va. We do so and once we turn onto his road, I say, "dad there is a police car with its' lights on and it looks like it's near your house". He shook his head, laughed and said she must have entered the code wrong.

We get there and daughter is trying to explain what happened to the policeman. We verify that she is his granddaughter and it was human error that made the alarm go off. The cop noted it as being a non-emergency/accident and said to have a good rest of our day

Daughter will never live this down as my dad & I still occasionally tease her about it. I think she was 19/20 at the time; she will be 32 this June.

1 reply, 106 views
generated page in 0.019 seconds using 12 database requests (reply links generated fresh)
Message archived, no new replies.
back to topic list