SoapZone Community Message Board

We call our house the ________ Family Boarding House.

From: Sparky Find all posts by Sparky Send private message to Sparky
Date: Wed, 03-Apr-2024 2:49:22 PM PDT
Where: SoapZone Community Message Board
In topic: 🗣Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday Gabfest 🎤 posted by Antwon
Since we moved into this house in 2017 we have had 10 different long term guests... and it is not unusual when there is no school (summer, various other school breaks, holidays, etc.) to have up to 7 kids here for a night or three.

We also have had several of my husbands army friends,and their kids stay over a night or two during the annual army reunion we host or when they are travelling through this way.

When we know we are going to be having guest we try to have things around for breakfast. We will also try to buy chips and bread and sandwich things when we know we might have people here for lunch.

Often when people are here it is around a holiday when we are cooking a big dinner meal anyway so that isn't an issue. During the army reunion we let folks know in advance which meals we will be preparing and which ones we don't. But a lot of them will also bring food when they come... some cook it themselves and other let my husband cook it as he loves to cook anyway.

When the kids and friends pop in... they know they might find the cupboards bare... and that I don't really cook. (I can... I just don't usually). In cool weather I will make chili or soup if I know a crew of kids are coming. My daughter will bring food when she brings her kids to stay for a few days... as do the moms of some of their friends when they bring their kids to hang with the grandkids for a few days. My grandkids are pretty self sufficient and can prepare their own food for the most part.

I don't mind cleaning up after guests... but most people who stay here know if you want fed... you need to do it yourself or get my husband to do it. People are too picky about what they like and don't like and I do not like trying to please everyone's taste buds.

1 reply, 68 views
generated page in 0.011 seconds using 12 database requests (reply links generated fresh)
Message archived, no new replies.
back to topic list